What's your favorite pizza joint? Connecticut Magazine has compiled a list of the state's top pizza places – and those that will soon have their own slice of history.
There's no numerical system here. Instead, restaurants are ranked in categories: "Legends" are pizza royalty (no surprise that many are located in New Haven) and "Legends in the Making" comprise up-and-coming pizza sensations.
There are also "Beer Bar Pizzas," "Unusual Places" and "Best of the Rest."
• Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven
• Sally's Apizza in New Haven
• Modern Apizza in New Haven
• Roseland Apizza in Derby
• BAR in New Haven
Legends in the Making
• Colony Grill in Stamford, Fairfield and Milford
• Da Legna in New Haven
• Tarry Lodge in New Haven and Westport
• Bufalina in Guilford
Beer Bar Pizza
• Fire Engine Pizza Company in Bridgeport
• Krust Pizza Bar in Middletown
• Coal House Pizza in Stamford
• Stanziato's in Danbury
• Brick + Wood in Fairfield
• Nica's Market in New Haven
• Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery, Pastry Shop & Cafe in Hartford
• Nauti Dolphin Pizza in Fairfield
• Vocatura Bakery in Norwich